Nowadays, GPS trackers are everywhere. Even your phone has one and it allows you to use mapping services, taxi apps and even check the weather. This technology is not only used in our everyday life but is also implemented widely by a vast majority of businesses throughout the world, be it a small post office or a major trucking company.
Of course, tracking your employees might seem weird, but only for those who do not know the true benefits and the immensely positive impact it can have on any business.
So, after deeply investigating this particular topic we came up with 10 most amazing benefits of GPS tracking implementation for your business.
- Safety. In case of emergency (e.g. vehicle breakdown) employee can seek assistance much faster by providing GPS coordinates to you or the repair services. Nowadays, the high-end GPS trackers can automatically call for help in case of a breakdown and also send all the necessary information to the repair service with only one click.
- Increased productivity. Employees will act much more responsibly if they know they are under surveillance. It will motivate them to abide by the company’s plans and not waste their time.
- Reduced fuel cost. In case you are tracking your company’s vehicles you can set your GPS to also track the fuel consumption. This allows you to have detailed day-week-month statistics and eventually reduce the number of funds you spend on fuel.
- Insurance. If something happens with the employee or a vehicle – you will know first. GPS tracker will help you locate stolen vehicles or track down employees who are suspected of a misdemeanor. That way, you will be able to gather evidence as part of your private investigation.
- Optimization. Latest GPS trackers are able to provide you with all sorts of statistical information that can be utilized to maximize the optimization of your company’s resources.
- Route planning. GPS tracker that is connected to Google Maps can provide you with the ability to better plan the routes of your vehicles. That will reduce the delivery time and fuel expenses.
- Less paperwork. GPS trackers are able to store all the information within a simple and user-friendly interface. This can certainly save a lot of time for you and your management team. And as we all know, time is money.
- Superior management. Tracking your employees will provide you with the necessary data to allow careful planning and greater management. You will be able to respond to the company’s need immediately and that will allow for a better shift and workflow planning, an increase in productivity and a healthier atmosphere.
- Utilization of assets. Tracking vehicles will allow you to carefully monitor their condition and be able to utilize the vehicle to its maximum potential.
- Better customer service. All the above will make you the best comparing to other companies in the area. And of course, it will increase the quality of the customer service.
So, there are a lot of benefits in tracking your employees while at work. Make sure you don’t violate the law though.